First, I’m going to share 3 of my favorite makeup essentials in my tool kit from IT Cosmetics. I was introduced to this brand through a sample of mascara from ipsy one month, and I was quickly hooked on some of their other products. I love and appreciate that their products are cruelty free and they stand by that policy- that’s super important to me! The first tool kit essential is a 3-in-1 Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm called, Bye Bye Makeup. I love it because it cleans off your makeup, and leaves your skin feeling super hydrated and so soft. Over time, I’ve seen a huge difference in the overall hydration level of my skin (along with my daily moisturizing regimen.) I tend to get really dry skin in the winter, and this wasn’t an issue last season! 🎉 I know it has me covered for the summer, too. Next, two brushes that I can’t live without. The first is the Heavenly Luxe Powder Brush. I use this for blush and bronzer, since I use a liquid powder for foundation. This is one of the softest brushes ever created…EVER…and there is good weight to the handle. You have full, even control over your application. Lastly, is the Heavenly dual airbrush. I use the larger side for highlighter, and the smaller side for contouring my eyeshadow on my upper eyelids/brow bone. Both of these brushes are a wonderful investment for your makeup tool kit, and will last a long time when cleaned regularly! I wash my blush/bronzer brush biweekly, and my other brushes once a month. I use my son’s baby shampoo (shhh, don’t tell)- it’s Babyganics frangrance free shampoo+body wash. I’ll wash and let dry overnight. TIP- If your brushes get really cakey, you can use a tiny dab of olive oil to break it down!
NEXT UP- Birchbox and ipsy hooked it up for April! (Very rarely am I disappointed.) I’ve been receiving both monthly for about a year now, and I’m a huge fan. I love how the items are hand picked and catered to me- so many items have become favorites of mine! Some are sample size, but mostly they are very generous in size, and end up lasting a while. For $10 a month each, you seriously can’t beat it.
- Tocca hand cream in Green Tea/Lemon- This product is paraben free and has a very light smell to it- it’s just enough without choking you to death. I can’t stand that in hand creams! This is some of the best I’ve ever used, and I’m not exaggerating. It made my hands feel like they had a paraffin wax treatment until the next day! You can use sparingly, a little goes a long way! Full size: $10| My rating: 10/10
- The Beauty Crop PB&J Smoothie Stick in Guava Nice Day- Super cute pink color that goes on smooth (contains almond oil…yummm), and has a slight fruity fragrance. Basically, I wanted to make out with myself. Full size: $14.95| My rating: 10/10
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask- LOVED this one for my hair. No parabens, silicones, or phthalates, and has a slightly floral smell, but not overpowering. Use it after you shampoo and leave on for 5-10 min, rinse and then it’s showtime. I have naturally curly, slightly course hair, and this left it silky smooth. Full size: $26| My rating: 10/10
- Marcelle New Age 8-in-1 Power Serum- I wasn’t all that impressed with this one, but I do like that it’s paraben free, hypoallergenic, and perfume free. I feel like it only hydrated temporarily, and didn’t have the lasting effect I’d expect from a serum. I used it daily for a week straight, and didn’t see a huge change. Possibly over a longer period of time? Full size:$36| My rating: 5/10
- IPKN Moist and Firm Beauty Balm SPF 45- This is not something that I would use daily, BUT it is a PERFECT base for beach/pool days. It will leave your skin looking flawless with the protective coverage of an SPF, without feeling like you have a full face of makeup. It’s very light, and packed with vitamin E and collegen. Nourish and Firm- me likey! I will definitely be using it for the summer! Full size: $35 My rating 8/10.
- pūr~lisse Blue Lotus+Seaweed Treatment Sheet Mask- I love these crazy hydrating masks. I received two of them and definitely looking forward to using the second when I feel like my skin needs a boost. It’s like a mega moisture tsunami on your face. It’s helpful to do this weekly/biweekly throughout the year (BUT especially in the summer and winter), so your skin doesn’t shrivel up from the harsh elements. *Sidenote: I always feel like Damian from Meal Girls when he wears the lunch meat on his face… BUT it’s worth it! HAHA! I’ll spare you a picture reference, but if you don’t know what I’m talking about, you have to look it up! Full price: $36 for 6 My rating: 10/10
- Adesse NEW YORK Organic Infused Nail Lacquer Gel Effect- The color is called Irina, and it’s a really pretty summer grey. At times, there’s a lavender tint to it depending on the light. It’s very pretty! Goes on smooth and it has lasted three days now, despite how much I use/wash my hands. (I did use Essie Gel Setter as a top coat.) Adesse products are cruelty-free, vegan formulas with no crazy chemicals, which is really cool! Full price:$18 My rating: 8/10
- tarte Lip Surgence Lip Crème in wonder (poppy)- REALLY pretty color. It’s more of a red/pink than the lip color I received in Birchbox, and this also has more of a minty smell and menthol sesation on your lips. It feel more like a hydrating chapstick rather than just a lip color. Another two thumbs up! Full price: $24 My rating: 10/10
- City Color Highlight Trio- I like this because you have the option to contour a bit more with three highlighting options. If we were talking hair, this would be your highlights and your lowlights. The difference shades and finishes allow you to highlight the T zone and cheeckbones, while defining under the apple of your cheek and down your jawbone. I really liked it. It makes highlighting a bit simpler having every shade in one compact. Laura Geller is still my favorite, but this is a really close runner up! Full price- $8.99 My rating: 8/10
I hope you enjoyed some of my favorite tools AND my April Birchbox/ipsy reviews, they really hit it out the park this month! I’d love to hear some of your favorites, and what you thought if you received some of the same products!
Until next time✌️| Stay styled, sugarplum! 💋