Hey y’all! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! We had serious quality family time, and it was wonderful! My son had his last soccer practice Saturday, which was adorable! They finally played a scrimmage against the other three and four year old team, and to say it was entertaining would be an understatement. My cheeks still hurt from smiling and laughing so much! Then last night, I saw Beauty and the Beast with a friend of mine! It was Disney perfection. Total magic…no lie. It was my favorite Disney movie growing up, so I knew going in that I’d love it! It far exceeded my expectations and Emma Watson was THE perfect Belle (girl crush!) I’ve been talking about it non-stop on social media, because I seriously can’t control my excitement. I’m going to attempt to scale back to finish this post though, so here we go. I’ve actually been trying to get this post up for a few weeks, but I’ve been writing and sharing other posts, (
slack!) After two weeks of neglect, I FINALLY want to dish some of my March Beauty faves. Some of these are old school must-haves from my makeup bag, and some are new additions. Regardless of when they joined the pack, these are my favorite beauty baes in rotation at the moment!
1. iT Cosmetics Sunshine in a Compact: This has been my jam for about 100 years now. Or maybe just 3, but this bronzer is my absolute favorite. The shade I use is Warmth (it’s the universal color) and it gives such a perfect sun-kissed color. It’s a talc-free matte formula that treats your skin with anti-aging peptides, collagen, and antioxidants. I use it on my cheeks, forehead, and around my jawline…sometimes even down my neck to blend. Some bronzers can seem cakey and heavy…not this one. It is lightweight and so silky smooth.
2. iT Cosmetics Brow Power
: So, I was a 90s kid… therefore I overplucked my eyebrows. The two went hand-in-hand. If I had only known then that they would NEVER grow back properly, I would have banished my tweezers forever. BUT, that wasn’t the case, and now I’m stuck filling them in every single day. I discovered this Brow Power in an ipsy bag a while back and since then, I haven’t used or even LOOKED for any other brow pencil. The color is called “universal” and it is the best
. Everyone is always so surprised when I tell them I have to fill my brows! I attempt to make them appear as natural as possible, given their sad circumstance.
3. Too Faced- Better Than Sex Mascara: I also discovered this mascara in an ipsy bag a while back and it quickly became one of my all time favorite mascaras. The formula is collagen-fueled and leaves my lashes plump and well, va-va-voom. I have always been a sucker for a good mascara, and I have tried hundreds. This one ranks up in the top 3 for sure. The shape of the brush grips my lashes and leaves them full bodied and lengthened. I highly recommend! So along with this one…I also use L’Oreal Voluminous Superstar Mascara. I’m obsessed with this primer. This mascara is double sided, so one side is primer, and the other mascara. I like to use this mascara to separate any clumpy lashes. It’s also great for applying on the top side of your lashes, since the brush head is more streamlined than the Too Faced one I also use. When these forces combine, it’s pure mascara magic! *TIP: It suggests to apply the mascara while the primer is still wet, but I don’t really follow that. I usually let it dry for a hot second, because I feel the mascara adheres to the lashes better and builds more body. Both are listed below.
4. Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten in Apricot Berry: This is a new addition to my routine. So, for my face, I use my foundation, iT cosmetics bronzer, Marc Jacobs Beauty Blush, AND THEN this product on my cheekbones, down the ramp of my nose, and around the frame of my face. This is basically the cherry on top of my face makeup routine. It adds both a really pretty berry color and a highlighting sheen. It has an incredibly silky consistency, is paraben free, and also contains anti-oxident ingredients. I love all of her products, I’ve never had any issues with quality or satisfaction. You could use this as a blush alone, or as a final touch like I do!
5.NARS Audacious Lipstick- ANNA: I raved about this lipstick a while back in a blog post that I wrote about a few of my favorite things. Well, it’s still at the top of my list one year later. This color is absolutely gorgeous. It’s one of my favorites to wear on a daily basis, and is always in my purse. It’s gives your lips just the right amount of rosy color. The formula is so smooth and creamy, it’s like velvet on your lips. AND it’s available in 35 colors! It is a bit more than what I would normally spend on lipstick, but I guarantee that it’s worth it!
6. NYX Cream Highlight & Contour Palette: This is a new addition to my routine, and I have to admit…I’m still trying to master the art of contouring. The first time I tried it, tbh, I looked like I rolled around in mud…so so bad. I wanted to try a contour palette, but didn’t want to break the bank. I searched online for highly rated palettes, but then I stumbled across this one at Target and really like this brand. I gave it a shot, and although I’m still mastering the skill…the palette itself was surprisingly high quality considering the price (only $15!) I really like the 3 shades and they compliment each other so beautifully. There’s a really pretty shimmer to the highlighter, and the cream formula is lightweight. It’s a great long lasting formula, too! I think this is a great starter palette if you’re looking to expand to the world of contouring! That same day, I purchased this e.l.f Contouring Brush (which is a steal for only $6!) Like I mentioned, I’m still mastering the actual application process, BUT this brush is awesome! The shape of the bristles helps you control and blend. I need to watch about a hundred more YouTube contouring videos, but I’m determined to get this, y’all! Stay tuned! Shop both below.
7. Heavenly Skin Bye Bye Pores Powder Brush: This may seem like a TON to spend on a brush. It’s $58. I totally get it. BUT, it’s a skincare infused brush. (Ummm…what does that mean?) So, the patent-pending hair bristles are infused with anti-aging collagen, silk, peptides, niacin, and antioxidents. The makes application seem as flawless as the fairy godmother’s magic wand. Not kidding. It’s my favorite brush ever. I use it for bronzer, although it can be used for loose or pressed powders. This brush was developed by plastic surgeons and dermatologists, so it’s the real deal y’all! The experts have spoken! It also has some weight to it, so it’s really easy to control for perfect, flawless application every time. It’s like the Rolls-Royce of brushes.
8. iT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush #7: Last but not least, my other favorite brush on the planet. I love that it’s dual sided, because I feel like I’m getting more bang for my buck. It’s another rather pricey one, but well worth it for the airbrush application effect. The details suggest to use it for foundation and concealer…I use the larger side for my blush (like the Laura Geller baked blush I mentioned above), and the smaller side for the base color for my eyeshadow. This brush is so versatile though, that I’m sure you could use it with a ton of different products, and it would give you amazing results no matter what. I also love that the brush is 100% cruelty free and has vegan bristles.
I hope you enjoyed my rundown of my current makeup faves! This week I’m bringing you a fashion post on some items in my shopping cart. Or more accurately, in transit in a box at the UPS processing center…haha! I hope you have a great week!