Hey guys! Hope you’ve had a great week! It’s been another busy one around here, but next week I promise I’m going to get back in the swing of things! I’m so excited that summer is “officially” here, even though it has felt like summer in Charleston for almost two months now! I had a photoshoot Tuesday night with Jennifer Collins (@jcollinsphotog on Insta) and Liz Martin (@charlestonweekender.) Both of these lovely ladies are the true definition of a “Girl Boss”! We had a BLAST showing off some goodies from several local retailers at Mixon Raquet and Bath Club in Park Circle in North Charleston. Such a cool area with a retro vibe. I don’t want to give too much away, so be on the lookout for those pics in a future blog post! Also, I’ve added a ✨SUMMERSHOP✨ section to the menu, so make sure to check it out! It’s a running tab of summer styles I’m currently crushing! Let’s get down to business though, because per usual, Birchbox and ipsy did WORK and I loved this month’s items.
*Sidenote before I dive in to my reviews…How cute is this “come sail away” hat by BP at Nordstrom?!? I can’t wait to sport it at the beach this weekend! It’s floppy, fun, super chic and on-trend, and it’ll be perfect to shield my face from the sun! Some of the designer ribbon hats I’ve seen can cost in the hundreds, so I was super excited to find a dupe for ONLY $26!
Let’s start with Birchbox!
- Ardency Inn MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner in Black– I was excited to try this because black is my go-to eyeliner color. It glides on smooth and is very blendable if you want to shape it differently for wings or a smoky eye. I’ve used it for a few days now, and I’ve noticed that it also doesn’t smudge. I’ve spent hours outside in the heat and it has passed the test! Full size is $20 and that is a very reasonable price for a quality eyeliner like this. My rating: 10/10
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel– Okay, so I have issues with my eyebrows. I had a waxing “accident” my senior year of high school (seriously like a billion years ago, but long story short: I tried to wax my eyebrows myself and smooshed the wax all over and well…waxed off all my eyebrows at the same time…I’m still really not even sure how that happened but I drowned myself in tears for an entire weekend figuring out how to draw eyebrows to look semi-normal.) Weirdly enough, my eyebrows have *sadly* never been the same. So, I fill them in with a pencil BUT this product is super cool and I’ve found that it has taken my eyebrows to the next level (It’s a miracle!) I’ve been using it before my pencil to give my existing eyebrows a head start (they are a light brown/blonde color) and this gives them instant definition. The small comb-like applicator is useful for brushing the eyebrows upward to set the brow and then the gel gives a deeper brown color. I still go back through to define shape with the pencil, but I really like this and will most likely order the full size. Benefit has launched an entire new line of 9 different brow products that are total game changers! Full size $24// My rating: 10/10
- Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum– I’ve received this before and it does zap blemishes without drying out your skin. However, it says it also helps with scars and hyperpigmentation. I’m not sure that I’ve used it enough yet to see any results there, but I do like the serum. The full size is $35 and to be honest, I probably wouldn’t pay that much for it because blemish control isn’t one of my top priorities when it comes to skin care. My rating: 7/10
- Laura Gellar New York Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator– Gilded Honey- Love me some Laura Gellar! IN FACT, I mentioned this exact product in my blog post:5 Makeup Bag Must-Haves I currently use the color Ballerina, but the gilded honey has more of a bronze finish and will be great for tan summer skin. It’s super creamy and I love to apply to my cheekbones and T zone for a sunkissed, fresh look. Full size $26// My rating: 10/10
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray– This stuff is liquid gold. I have used a TON of hair products in my day (my MIL is a stylist and always has me trying things for my review and opinions), and this spray is MONEY. First off, it smells amazingggg…a sweet fruity, fresh smell. It doesn’t leave your hair oily, which I really appreciate because there are several “texturizing” sprays that just leave your hair looking and feeling oily, waxy, and dirty gross instead of defining your style. I haven’t used this product on straightened hair, BUT I’ve used it on my naturally curly hair and hair that has been blow dried and curled with a wand. It works exceptionally well for the curly looks, even gave it volume and is super long lasting for smoothness. I will most definitely be purchasing the full size when this runs out. This is one of my new faves for sure! ,Full size $44 for 8.5oz and $22 for 2.2oz (rather expensive but I believe it’s worth it and also such a better deal to go ahead and get the large size.) My rating:10/10
Shop any of these products below:
Moving on to ipsy!
- Bio Republic Fiber Masks in Pomegranate Crush and Cucumber Breeze– The Cucumber Breeze mask smells amazing and left my skin feeling really hydrated, moisturized, and soft. It was very relaxing too, even though I always feel like a freak show in those masks! (You know you do, too!) The pomegranate mask is more so to rejuventate and awaken your pores and also smells amazing. I love these and always enjoy doing at-home facials and feeling like I’m at the spa! Full size $15 for set of 3 // My rating: 10/10
- Klorane Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover with Soothing Cornflower– Usually, I use face wipes and then my regular cleansing routine to remove my makeup. I never really use remover specifically for eyes, but this stuff was THE magic eraser. I used the teeny tiniest dab on a cotton ball and it completely erased my eye makeup in one swipe. I kid you not! It blew my mind and it’s pretty awesome! This trial size is seriously going to last forever. This is a product I would definitely purchase again for stubborn waterproof makeup. Full size $24 // My rating: 10/10
- Doucce Boombastic Volumizer Mascara– I’m on the fence with this one. I’m super picky about mascara (I’ve mentioned that a few times in other reviews), and although I like the way this brush separates and defines my lashes…the formula doesn’t give me enough oomph and drama. I didn’t feel it gave me enough volume to be considered a volumizer mascara. Just being honest! Full size $24 //My rating: 5/10
- Julie G Nail Polish in Tropical– This is SUCH a cute color! Perfect bright turquoise green for summer. Me likey and I would definitely recommend. I applied an OPI Base Coat, then two coats of Tropical, then Essie Gel Setter to finish the look. It gives a great pop of color. I’ll probably be rockin it after July 4 (I’ve already got my mani/pedi colors set for July 4…so guess who my guinnea pig was? That’s right, my hubby. He did NOT enjoy getting one hand painted in Tropical BUT he was a good sport (kinda…I had to bribe him with craft beer…) Full size $3.99 //My rating: 9/10
- The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony: matte eyeshadow palette – This color is called Matt Moskowitz (each color is named Matt *insert last name*.) It’s a really pretty deep purple matte, velvety finish eyeshadow that is included in a palette of 8 other colors. All of the colors from this particular palette are rich, however very versatile for everyday use. I’m using this color on my brow bone and extending outward and up (almost like a brow “wing”) to add more definition and create the illusion of extended lashes. Full size $34.50 //My rating: 10/10
Shop these products below:
What are your plans this weekend? My hubby and I are celebrating our 4th anniversary by having a kid-free beach day (whaaaaat!?! Hasn’t happened in years) and then checking out a new restaurant downtown for date night! Can’t wait to share details with you next week! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and I’ll catch you on the flipside! Cheers!
Until next time✌️| Stay styled, sugarplum!💋