Happy Sunday Funday! I hope the weekend is treating you well! It’s been a busy one for us again! I had my annual studio dance recital yesterday morning, and my students were fabulous! I love seeing all of the dancers shine on stage- they’ve all worked so hard over the course of the year! Proud moment! After the recital, the hubs and I went to the Blue Point Brewery’s Toasted Tour at Patriot’s Point. SO FUN (especially with VIP tickets- heeyyyyy now!) We drank delish beer, played lawn games, and jammed out to local bands. We had a lovely walk on the beach after the festival. I love this time of year, it’s not too hot and the beaches aren’t too crowded yet…sometimes it feels like you have your own private beach! The water is almost warm enough to take a swim! ALMOST.
My Mom came in town to babysit our son this weekend, and it had me thinking about more Mother’s Day gift ideas. I posted a guide on Instagram on Friday, but wanted to give just a few more ideas! I always give special pics of our son or family pics to the Moms and G-mas, BUT I like to also give something they can use to pamper themselves, or something to keep their wardrobe current. I’ve linked a few items below (and may need to drop a couple of hints to my hubby!!) I hope it’s helpful for you and most items are under $75!
The first three items feature pineapples. Pineapples are a symbol of friendship, and there’s no better friend than your Momma!
- Target Pineapple Pillow- $16 It’s a known fact that Moms love any and all throw pillows.
- BaubleBar Pineapple Studs- $32 These are so dainty and fun! Great summer stud!
- Pineapple Pouch -$58 SO cute and versatile. Comes in 4 colors!
- Clinique Sonic Skin Care System- $89.50 She may already have a skin care system that she uses, but if not, Mother’s Day is a great time to gift something she can use to pamper herself! This set includes the 3 step skin care (personalized for your skin type) along with the Sonic Care Purifying Cleansing Brush.
- Sephora Lipstick Jungle Brush Set and pouch/clutch- $54 This set comes with 5 essential brushes and the bag can totally double as a little clutch. This brush set is superior quality. It’s always a good idea to have extra brushes on hand -and how cute is that bag? NEED!
- I Woke Up Like This Mug- $27.99 I love this coffee mug! Queen Bey can do no wrong, and what better way to conquer your day than to drink your coffee feeling FLAWLESS!
- Love x Style x Life by Garance Dore- $30 This book is a favorite of mine. It’s a stylish, honest, funny and inspirational story of Love, Style, and Life from famous fashion blogger, Garance Dore. She has a really special gift for storytelling, and this book would be a fabulous summer read! And then a pretty bookshelf/coffee table addition.
- Becca Coverup Kimono at Nordstrom-$68 Update her summer wardrobe! Love this kimono/swim coverup. Super chic and on trend with the tassels.
- ASOS Fruit Loop Pom Sandals- $28 (2 colors- FANTASTIC price point) I’m obsessed with these metallic pom pom sandals!
Several other kimomo/coverup styles and sandals:
- Seafolly Tie Dye Caftan Coverup- Neiman Marcus- $82
- H&M patterned sarong- $12.99 – comes in several colors
- Striped fringe black kimono coverup- Target -$30
- Sam Edelman Gemina Pom Sandals- $101
More ideas for you!
- Nume Curling Wand- $139– I have the 25mm wand and it is seriously the BEST curl wand I’ve ever used. It’s easy to use and heats up quickly. Use the code MOMSALE for 60% off and free shipping!
- Modcloth- Carryall of the above bag- $70– The cutout style of this bag is so trendy, and I love the mint color. It will seriously go with anything and everything for the spring and summer. It features a zippered bag inside the tote for high functioning organization on the go!
- Alex & Ani Mom Swarovski Crystal Set- $78 – This is the perfect set to begin her collection (or add to it!) She’s sure to appreciate the meaning behind this special gift- they stand for Generosity*Heroism*Love.
- Peter Grimm Erin Floppy Hat- Kohl’s $30 – This hat comes in 4 colors and is perfect for the beach or pool! She’ll be looking chic in the shade while protecting her face from the sun, and maybe reading her new Garance Dore book!?!
- Kendra Scott Emily Necklace- $295 ON SALE for $178 Can’t go wrong with a statement necklace. The Emily necklace is GORGEOUS and comes in 3 colors! I love the bright summer colors and the geometric shape of the jewels on the bib neck. Very trendy and she could easily dress up classics in her existing wardrobe with this one necklace. Here is another budget friendly option from Bauble Bar that will also make an impact and dazzle her! BaubleBar Seaglass Bib $68 (comes in 3 colors, too!)
- Kendra Scott Danielle Earrings- Magenta $60 – This style comes in SO many colors, you could pick her favorite color and she’ll be sure to love them! I have the red, and they are the perfect earring. I love the simple design, yet they are so classic, well made, and beautiful.
- Stella & Dot Nolita Crossbody- Raffia Fringe $69 This bag is super versatile. It’s wallet sized, so she can throw in her bag for day and then for night, add the crossbody strap and off she goes!
A few more gift ideas are Birchbox, Ipsy, and Stitch Fix monthly subscriptions. This is the gift that keeps on giving year round. It’s something that you could start this Mother’s Day and renew from year to year! My personal favorites are the Birchbox and Ipsy. I have several friends that receive Stitch Fix and absolutely love that as well. Birchbox specifies in skin and hair care, while Ipsy focuses more on makeup and nails (and you get a “glam bag” each month.) Each month you’ll receive sample (sometimes larger) sizes of personalized items based on your preferences in your account profile. It’s so fun to try new products and find new favorites that you’d never discover otherwise. Both of these are $10/ month each. Stitch Fix provides hand-picked items from a personal stylist delivered right to your door. Perfect for someone who flat-out doesn’t have time to shop. You can specify delivery timeframes at your convenience (monthly, every 6 weeks, whenever you request a box, etc) and also specify if you need help shopping for a particular type of garment (gown for an event or cocktail dress for a wedding.) Stitch Fix is $20 a month, which is then applied to anything you decide to keep! You also get a 25% discount for purchasing all of the items in your box.
You could always take her to a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant, get her a relaxing spa day or massage/facial, or have a fun experience together (tix to a ballet, play, concert, maybe a bed and breakfast getaway weekend.) The list goes on and on! I hope these ideas were helpful! No matter what you get her, she’ll love it because it’s from her baby! My son brings me “gifts” all the time (dead leaves gathered into a bouquet…sometimes real flowers if I’m lucky haha!, beetles, snails, worms) and as much as the creepy crawlies make me squirm, I love it because I know he was thinking about me!
Until next time✌️|Stay styled, sugarplum! 💋