Julie Andrews sang it best, describing things in life that made her feel uplifted and happy; the simple joys that were an instant perk-up when she felt down and out. Family time, ballet, the beach, and my annual girl’s weekend are a few of the ultimate mood boosters for me (along with coffee since that’s mandatory for daily function) but on the style front, I have some favorites and must-haves I’d love to share with you.
- Statement necklaces• I have been very careful over the past few years with my jewelry choices. My son was a grabber and puller, and my once never-ending dangle earrings very quickly shortened to studs. (He’s finally out of that phase though, HOLLA! 🎉) However, there was one thing that could stand the test of time- the statement necklace. It can complete an outfit, transform, and update. It could be colorful, preppy, boho or blinged out, but regardless of what category it falls into, a statement is made. I love wearing with a chambray shirt or T shirt for an effortless, girlie, casual look, or totally vamping it up for date night. BaubleBar and Versona are my two personal front-running jewelry retailers, and I’ve linked similar styles to the two necklaces from the pic here: Y chain necklace and Bib necklace / Chain link bib necklace
- Essie nail color: Penny Talk• This color is FLAWLESS. It’s so fresh and has been my go-to for about four months straight.✨I’m obsessed with metallics and this is the perfect color gold. It’s not too flashy, but the color is oh-so-fun! If you’re not into metallics 24/7/365, it does make for a beautiful holiday color! Don’t forget the Essie Gel-Setter polish as a top coat- your mani will last twice as long! Polish linked here: Penny Talk
- Kate Spade notebook set: A sweet friend of mine (I call her “wifey” 👯) gave me this set for Christmas along with an amazingly inspiring book ( Love x Style x Life by Garrance Dore), and I have been hooked since. I always have notepads around for jotting down random things when I don’t have access to Notes on my iPhone, but these are special little books that somehow make the most trivial list seem special and important. Not to mention they are stylish as hell and completely adorable. Linked here: Kate Spade notebook set
- THE perfect shade of lipstick: It took me about ten years to find THE lipstick. I’ve gone through just about every color in the rainbow and all the shades in between. I discovered this shade from a fellow blogger and Insta style maven. It’s a bit more expensive than what I’d normally spend for lipstick, but it is totally worth it. It’s such a soft, romantic shade of mauve-y purple…perfect for day or night. Plus, it has a magnetic closure and will not open on its own- fancy! 👌 Beauty tip: put a dab of gloss in a lighter, brighter color in the center of your bottom lip and then rub lips together. It will add dimension and make you lips appear more full! 💋 I purchased mine from Nordstrom, but I’ve linked the NARS site here: Anna by NARS
- Kendra Scott –Danielle Drops in red: I had been hearing buzz about Kendra Scott for some time, so I finally checked out her website and came across these little beauties. They are rather large, so I save these for date night or night out. They add such a vibrant pop of color without overpowering your look. They truly are quality crafted items and incredibly well made. Linked here: Kendra Scott Danielle Drops
💥ALSO- My Jack Rogers are my #1 sandal for summer. They are having a one-day sale and discounts are HUGE!!!! I had to share- definitely a southern girl staple! Check it out here: Jack Rogers SALE
Hope you have a fab Tuesday!
Until next time✌️| Stay styled, sugarplum! 💋